I am home for the holidays!!! and I couldn’t be happier. Christmas is my favorite holiday and to me, it didn’t feel like the Christmas in Costa Rica; no Christmas lights, no Christmas music and no Christmas cheer. It’s great to be able to spend this time with family and friends. I’ve now been home for almost two days and would like to share a couple of things I’ve realized between here and Montezuma and a couple of things that I have learned:
1. It is cold.
2. Warm showers are great.
3. I no longer have to throw toilet paper in the trash.
4. I no longer have to worry about ants and geckos when going to the bathroom.
5. I don’t have to check my bed for bugs.
6. I’m pretty sure there won’t be a skunk or a giant frog in the kitchen.
7. I have to wear real clothes and dress in layers.
8. It’s great to be able to eat milk and cheese again (it’s priced like gold in Montezuma)
9. It’s okay to not have your phone on you all the time
10. We worry about and put too much pressure on ourselves for many unnecessary things.
11. We should do more things that contribute to our happiness and spend less time on things that don’t.