After having an amazing summer and doing many things with my friends and family it’s time for me to move on to my next adventure. In a week I’ll be returning to Spain to teach English in a city in the south, called Jerez de la Frontera.
This summer has been amazing; being home makes me realize how much I love and need my friends and family and how nice it is to be in a place that’s so familiar and that will always be my home. Adjusting to life back home wasn’t easy and now that I’m comfortable it’ll be hard to leave; adjusting to life back in Spain will be even more difficult, since I will be living in a new city with a language slightly different than what I’m use to.
The fun things I did this summer:
- I got to see Allie graduate from High School! (it was a surprise for her) and see her pre-prom.
- I saw a bunch of family I hadn’t seen in over a year during Allies graduation party.
- Boozy brunch with Jaclyn, my cousin Michael and his girlfriend Jordan.
- My friend Christine visited me at the beach, it was the first time I saw her after coming back
- 4th of July at my friend Dave’s (I hadn’t seen him yet) with my friends and sister.
- RVC fireworks at my friend Matt’s house and I got to see my friend Steve for the first time! they fireworks were the best ever.
- Saw Jurassic World (alone, nobody wanted to see it with me)
- Watched a lot of impractical jokers (my favorite show) with Jaclyn and Allie.
- Went to my Aunts house for my little cousin’s 3rd birthday party.
- Wine tour out east for my friends birthday with a bunch of friends I hadn’t seen yet.
- Spent time with my dad and watched movies (The Dark Knight trilogy and Mad Max: Fury Road.)
- Saw two friends from Spain who were visiting New York for the first time.
- The Brooklyn Brewery, for the second summer! also my two friends from Spain were able to join us (they were leaving the next day).
- Lifeguard men’s dinner at a Portuguese steak house, all you can eat (with amazing food) and drink.
- All you can eat sushi with Jaclyn and my friends! (when I was in Spain she mentioned she did one, so it was something we wanted to do when I got back).
- Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean with my friend Richie.
- Played a lot of super smash brothers 64 (my favorite game) with Ian and Richie.
Tomorrow I am going upstate to see my family and my grandma who I haven’t seen in almost two years and then I’m going down to Maryland with my family to help Allie move in to University of Maryland. It’s been a great summer and I’m glad I was able to do the things I did with the people I did them with. It’s difficult to get everybody together; everybody is in different places doing different things and since I lifeguard; I only get one day off. The times we were able to spend together and the times spent with my family is what i’ll miss the most.
A new year, a new place, but i’ll be back.